This is an image-based cheque deposit system for tellers and back-office that was developed to complement the innovative self-service ESM cheque deposit machines.
Extending image-based cheque deposits to the teller′s desktop for bank customers who prefer a human touch, it works with the back-office Automated Cheque Processing System (ACPS) for a complete end-to-end solution.
Cheques are scanned on both front and rear and its images are archived in a centralized database for future retrieval when the need arises. This image-based cheque deposit using Teller Cheque Collection System (TCCS) forms part of the infrastructure for the next generation cheque clearing system known as Cheque Truncation System or CTS in short.
Investing in OpenSys′ Touch ESM and TCCS gives the bank better value as the bank enjoys immediate savings upon implementation and ready for future business requirements when CTS is adopted by the Central Bank.
TCCS reads the MICR line for information such as cheque number, cheque type, bank and branch code, account number and any other information according to each country’s specific coding on the cheque.
It voids the cheque or stamp a bank crossing on the cheque and endorses on the reverse side with up to 60 characters such as terminal ID, cheque number, customer account number, amount and so forth.
Benefits of Teller Cheque Collection System (TCCS):
- Slip-less cheque deposits - Customer do not have to fill in cheque deposit slips
- Substantial Cost Savings - By eliminating the need for cheque deposit slips
- Accuracy - Of cheque deposit information which is machine read instead of manually written by customers which is susceptible to human error
- Auto computation - Of commission for outstation cheques
- Auto segregation - Of cheque types such as local, house and outstation cheques in one transaction. Currently, the conventional teller system may require 3 transactions, one each for local, house and outstation cheques and require 3 different bank-in slips
- Human touch - Complementary to the new image-based ESM Cheque Deposit Machines for customers who still prefer to deposit cheques over the counter
- Versatile - Serves as a back-office system for cheques that come in by mail and other channels to provide a consistent system of image-based cheque deposits
- Time savings - Since customers can quickly deposit cheques without the need to fill in cheque deposit slips at the banking hall, they also do not need to occupy the writing table
- Hassle-free - Cheque deposits will not be hindered by shortages of deposit slips
With its compact design, the L100 is ideal for a small bank teller or back-office environments. Its low entry cost also makes the LS100 a perfect device for Remote Deposit Capture at a small business or merchant environment.
- Front and rear cheque imaging
- Vertical single feed or automatic document feeder
- Output pocket for up to 20 items
- 40 dpm
- Magnetic MICR reading
- Rear ink-jet endorsement
- Double leaf detection
- 200 dpi resolution