Managing a wide range of multiple self-service terminals, PCs and servers across disparate systems in an enterprise wide network is difficult to say the least. Maintenance for all the systems involved requires tremendous effort. These efforts include complex planning, time management, training of staff and not the least, travelling to the terminal site. All these things translates into cost and time.
In a critical environment where terminals need to operate on a 24/7 basis, software is required to be in tip-top condition and up-to-date all the time. In short, the cost and time required for maintaining these terminals across the network, scales with the number of systems being managed.
The OpenSys solution for software management primarily focuses on the reduction of cost and time while improving end-user productivity and quality of service. Software Manager is our solution to software management and maintenance. As a software distributor at heart, Software Manager enables you to install, update and maintain applications in multiple clients across the entire network.
Software Manager allows the dissemination of updates across multiple clients within minutes thus eliminating the need to have staff presence at any of these clients. The solution also allows time management by providing features such as scheduled distribution and scheduled updating.
All distributed updates can be monitored using a real-time progress viewer to allow the users to monitor the progress status of each and every single update on any clients.
Our solution enables users to maintain all the clients with ease and puts the freedom of the updating process in the hands of the users. Those who wish to perform complex tasks can easily write a script to fulfil their needs and our product is able to perform these scripts for them. The possibilities are quite limitless.
Features and Benefits:
- Reliable Package Delivery.
- Software Manager uses native application install procedures on networked PCs for maximum reliability and repeatability. Eliminating the need to generate, edit and validate complex scripts – setting up new packages for enterprise wide distribution is fast and easy.
- Intelligent Deployment.
- Target software deployments to groups and workstations or terminals using a flexible dynamic grouping method. Pre- and Post-Operation capability allows the incorporation of other executables and batch processes into the distribution job.
- Allow bandwidth management by spreading a job for many networked workstations or terminals over several separate time slots.
- Flexible Distribution Modes.
- Software Manager allows the creation of multiple distribution profiles. The profiles can easily be defined for each package enabling different installation options or features.
- Our product allows easy distribution to clients based on user-defined groups, state, city, area, client type or individual clients.
- Status Monitoring.
- Detailed software distribution status information enables the progress to be monitored. Progress can be reviewed at job level or for individual workstations or terminal through real-time distribution status progress viewer either in detailed texts or graphic colour bars.